Classic Margherita Pizza Recipe
Did you know: The Margherita pizza is said to be named in honor of the Queen of Italy, Margherita of Savoy in 1889. With colors matching those of the Italian flag, the Margherita pizza has been a true Italian classic. Here we pair this classic with DeIorio’s Veggie-Infused Chickpea Shell, a perfect complement to the traditional flavors of tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella cheese, and basil.
- DeIorio’s Dough Shell (We recommend our Veggie-Infused Chickpea Shell)
- Baking Pan
- Olive Oil
- Fresh tomato sauce
- Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- Fresh Basil
- Sliced Tomatoes
- Use a pizza screen for a crispier crust. Do not add oil to a pizza screen.
- For more flavor, add crushed red pepper or Italian seasonings.
- Wait 2-3 minutes after baking before cutting and serving. This will allow the cheese to settle.
- Keep pizza shell frozen until ready to use.
- To thaw, place contents in the refrigerator overnight or place them on the counter until they reach room temperature (Approximately 1 Hour).
- Pre-heat oven to 425°.*
- Remove any plastic/packaging from the dough and place it on a lightly oiled baking pan.
- Evenly spread your favorite tomato sauce on your dough shell.
- Top it with fresh slices of mozzarella cheese.
- Lightly drizzle olive oil and season to taste.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the crust becomes golden brown.
- Remove your pizza from the oven and top it with fresh basil, sliced tomatoes, and a light sprinkle of salt.
- Slice and serve.
* Time and temperature vary by oven.