Job Title: Financial Analyst
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience
About the Role:
This individual serves as a member of the Finance team, at first performing tactical functions and then evolving into a corporate financial liaison. Initially, the Financial Analyst would focus on addressing credit and collections matters, establishing / implementing policies and performing detailed cash collection and application, preparing credit memos, and following up on slow pays. After gaining experience within the company, the Financial Analyst role would evolve into management. The management role will add responsibilities such as financial reporting and analysis which is used for strategic and tactical decision making. This position works with various levels of management and corporate stakeholders to develop and implement financial and accounting concepts or techniques related to strategic planning, budgeting, and forecasting to drive business results.
Skills needed for success in this role: Ability to work independently, analytical, detail-oriented, financial analysis, interpersonal, presentation, and quantitative analysis planning skills.
• An environment that focuses on your professional development
• Financial Rewards for hard work
• Opportunities for advancement and growth
• Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
• Flexible Spending
• Paid Time Off
• Free EAP Services
• Supports business unit leadership/management.
• Assists in preparation and analysis of annual budgets and long-range plans.
• Prepares consolidated forecasts and analyzes trends in revenue, expense, capital expenditures and other related areas.
• Conducts complex business analysis including ROI, NPV and IRR, making recommendations to management on new products, features, pricing, and marketing promotions, based on historical financial data.
• Researches, analyzes, and synthesizes data from multiple sources into business information as directed and by self-identification of business information needs.
• Works with management and business units to determine strategic objectives and identify opportunities to meet these goals.
• Prepares financial and business-related analysis and research in such areas as financial and expense performance, rate of return, depreciation, working capital, and investments.
• Assists with compilation and analysis of consolidated budgets and long-range plans.
• Carries out performance analysis and reporting.
• Assists in budgeting, revenue and expense analysis, business trends analysis, and special ad hoc projects related to the designated business unit.
• Works with business users to refine and improve current reporting and analysis, often performing ad hoc reporting to satisfy end-users.
• Assists in revenue, expense, and cash flow projections and expense saving opportunities within all areas of forecast models.
• Analyzes projections with respect to various operating strategies, shareholder value measures, and other metrics/objectives.
• Analyzes actual results to understand variances, and revises projections as appropriate.
• Degree in accounting, business, management, or finance required or mixture of education and experience.
• Familiarity with accounting & reporting software
• GAAP knowledge preferred
• Knowledge of MS Office including Excel and PowerPoint.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with intermediate and advanced Excel functionality