Frozen Bread Dough can Easily be Turned into an Omelet
- 3 eggs, separated
- Bread dough, baked and crushed into ½ cup bread crumbs
- 5 tablespoons of white or Alfredo sauce
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small saucepan heat white sauce. When hot, pour over bread crumbs and mash the mixture well to ensure everything is fully combined.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks until they begin to thicken and then stir in cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Pour that mixture into the white sauce and stir well.
- Into the yolk mixture, fold in the egg whites.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and oil or butter well so that the omelet won’t stick to the pan. Pour in the omelet and allow to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Place in the hot oven and allow to cook for a few more minutes, just to allow the top of the omelet to set.
- When finished, remove from oven and serve.
Your customers may have never heard of a bread omelet before. Once they do though, they’ll be back again and again for this in-house specialty of yours!