Frozen Breadsticks Become an Instant Gourmet Treat
When you’re looking for a bit of posh to add to your menu, prosciutto-wrapped breadsticks are what you’re looking for. They take just three ingredients to make, and they are truly delicious.
- 1 package dough, about 12 breadsticks
- 1 cup of jam – strawberry, blackberry, fig, and raspberry work best
- 23 slices of prosciutto
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove frozen breadsticks from the freezer and allow to thaw completely.
- Spread a thin layer of jam on each breadstick. Then, using one slice of prosciutto, start at one end of the breadstick and wrap the prosciutto around to the other end. Then, using another slice of prosciutto, start at the opposite end and do the same.
- Place each breadstick on the baking sheet and place in the preheated oven to bake for about 10-15 minutes, until bread is entirely cooked and the prosciutto has just started to turn crispy.
- Remove from the oven when done and serve.
You can serve these gourmet breadsticks alongside ricotta cheese and honey for dipping; and if you don’t have breadsticks, simply substitute any other frozen bread dough, cut into thin slices.