Italian Pizza Dough for Breakfast? Yes, and Sausage and Eggs Too!
We’ve already brought you the recipe for a breakfast homemade pizza, but there’s another way to jazz up your breakfast menu using Italian pizza dough that you already have on hand. That’s with these fake quiches that are oozing with sausage, eggs, and cheese.
- 1 package dough
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 10 links breakfast sausage, taken out of casing and browned and drained
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- Using a circular cookie cutter, cut out about 12 circles out of the dough. Grease a muffin tin and gently press the dough into the individual tins.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, or as directed on the package.
- Place into each muffin tin, in this order: crumbled sausage, cheddar cheese (divided evenly between tins,) and beaten eggs (also lightly divided.)
- Place in preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes, or until eggs have set and cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
You can serve these as they are, as a nice side dish for any breakfast, or serve a few of them together. You can even get really creative with it, mixing up the toppings and then serving a trio or quartet of different fake quiches on the same dish. And, don’t forget to add salsa, sour cream, and other dips to make them even tastier and more colorful!