Lobster Homemade Pizza for National Lobster Day
Did you know that June 15th is National Lobster Day? You can bet that your competitors are taking advantage of this food holiday and offering their customers something special. And if you’re already offering homemade pizza from your restaurant, making something really special is easy!
- 1 package frozen pizza dough
- 1 jar white pizza garnish or sauce
- 1 jar of chunk lobster, fully drained
- 6 leaves basil, julienned
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven according to package directions.
- Spread white sauce evenly over the pizza crust. You most likely won’t need the entire thing, just use as much as you regularly would for your other pizzas.
- Place sauced crust into the oven and bake according to package directions, removing it from the oven about two minutes before the package states.
- Sprinkle lobster chunks, julienned basil, and Parmesan cheese over the bubbling sauce. Place back in the oven for another two minutes, just until lobster and cheese are warmed through.
Remember when making this pizza that the lobster must be fully drained and dry, otherwise the pizza crust will become soggy. If you’re unsure, dab the pieces with paper towel to fully dry before placing them on the pizza.