Pesto Stuffed Frozen Rolls are a Delectable Appetizer
Pesto is one of the most popular types of sauces for pasta, but what if your customers want to focus on all that delicious basil, without all that pasta getting in the way? Or if they just want something a bit lighter for lunch? In that case, just pull out your DeIorios dough and whip up some of these delectable pesto rolls.
- 1 package of frozen rolls
- 1 jar basil pesto
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- Remove rolls from freezer and allow them to thaw to room temperature. Then, on a floured work surface, roll them out until they’re about ½” thick and slice into strips about three inches across. Then preheat oven to temperature instructed on the package dough.
- Into the center of each strip, place about a tablespoon of pesto and top with a bit of mozzarella cheese. Then, pull the sides up across the pesto and pinch them together to seal. Do the same with the ends of the dough.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for the same time as directed on the package. Remove from oven and serve immediately, when they’re piping hot.
Of course if you’re already making your own pesto for your restaurant, this would be a great addition to your rolls. If you’re not, but still want to offer homemade pesto, all it takes is some pine nuts, lots of basil, and a squirt of lemon juice all blended together. Then just stir in Parmesan cheese, and you’ll have a delicious homemade treat for all of your customers to enjoy.