Job Title: Purchasing Agent
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience
About the Role:
We seek a Purchasing Agent to handle our company’s procurement activities. The Purchasing Agent’s responsibilities include developing purchasing strategies, maintaining positive relationships with suppliers, coordinating with internal teams regarding their supply needs, and overseeing daily purchasing activities. A successful Purchasing Agent should be able to manage and optimize purchasing activities and processes, have excellent leadership abilities and be able to negotiate the best possible deals with suppliers.
• An environment that focuses on your professional development
• Financial Rewards for hard work
• Opportunities for advancement and growth
• Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
• Flexible Spending
• Paid Time Off
• Free EAP Services
• Coordinate with inventory control to determine and manage inventory needs.
• Develop and implement purchasing strategies.
• Work to improve purchasing systems and processes.
• Prepare cost estimates and manage budgets.
• Manage daily purchasing activities.
• Manage supplier relations and negotiate contracts, prices, timelines, etc.
• Establish alternative sources of supply.
• Maintain the supplier database, purchasing records, and other related documentation.
• Ensure that all procured items meet the required quality standards and specifications.
• Collaborate with product development, scheduling, replenishment, receiving and finance staff.
• Degree in Business Administration or a related field.
• The ability to learn purchasing functionality quickly if no prior experience exists.
• Strong critical thinking and negotiation skills.
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge of inventory and supply chain management.