Turn Wholesale Bread into Chewy Croutons
We’ve already told you how to turn wholesale bread into crunchy, crispy croutons. But what if you or your customers prefer croutons that are soft and chewy inside, instead of just little bits of toast? All you need to do is add a little bit of water!
- 1 frozen bread dough, cooked and cooled to room temperature
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- A sprinkling of water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (400 degrees if you want a crunchy exterior.)
- Cut package dough into cubes once it’s been cooked and place in a large bowl. Into the bowl place butter, garlic powder, and salt. Toss to ensure that each cube of bread is thoroughly coated in the butter mixture.
- While bread is still in the bowl, run your fingers through some cold water and then sprinkle it immediately over the bread cubes. This will cause steam to rise in the middle of each cube, and will make them soft and chewy inside.
When done, place croutons in an airtight container at room temperature. They’ll keep for up to a week!