Use Pizza Dough Balls to Make Chicken and Waffles!
Chicken and waffles is one of the most American dishes you could make, and they’re great for the Fourth of July, or just offering to hungry customers every day of the week. And when you use frozen chicken fingers and frozen pizza dough, this dish takes just minutes to make.
- 1 pizza dough ball
- 2 frozen chicken fingers, per serving
- Oil, for frying
- Syrup, butter, and other assorted items
- Preheat oil to about 375 degrees Fahrenheit; and lightly grease and warm a waffle iron.
- Tear off a small portion of the package dough, enaough to fill the palm of your hand when flattened.
- Using your fingers, stretch it out just enough so that it’s a full, even circle.
- Place the chicken fingers in the hot oil and fry according to package directions until they are fully cooked, usually about five to seven minutes. When done, remove fingers from the oil and place on a paper towel to drain.
- Meanwhile, place dough in the waffle iron and close. Cook just as you would a waffle, for about two or three minutes. When done, carefully remove waffle from the iron and place it on the plate.
When both the waffles and the chicken are finished cooking, pile the chicken on top of the waffles and serve alongside some syrup and butter, and whatever toppings you want to offer. Your customers will be happy that you did!