Use Thin Pizza Crust for This Artichoke Appetizer
Artichoke hearts and cheese is one of today’s classic combinations, and you can make it for your customers easily with this recipe that calls mainly for package dough and prepared artichoke hearts.
- 1 package thin pizza crust
- 1 small can artichoke hearts
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup mozzarella or Gruyere cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and generously grease a large rectangular baking sheet. Place uncooked pizza crust onto the sheet.
- Combine all other ingredients in a medium-sized saucepan and set on the stove over medium heat. Mix well so all ingredients are incorporated, and cook just until the mixture melts.
- When done, spread artichoke mixture generously and evenly over entire pizza dough.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 20 – 25 minutes, until the dough is golden brown and crispy and the artichoke mixture has baked right into it.
- When done, remove from oven and allow dough to cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Then slice in long pieces, throw them in a basket and serve.
If you’re looking to save yourself some time, the artichoke mixture can be made up to a day in advance before baking; or you can make the dish in its entirety and just warm up slices as they’re ordered.