Using Frozen Pizza Dough to Make Fruit Turnovers
Apple, cherry, peach – any of these fruits are great for making turnovers. And everyone loves turnovers, including each one of your customers. With the right frozen pizza dough and a little fruit filling, these are very easy to make.
- 1 can fruit pie filling
- 1 package dough
- ½ cup butter, melted
- Coarse sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, or as directed on the package instructions.
- Roll out pizza crust, if needed, and cut into squares about 3” x 3”.
- Into the middle of each square, place a small amount of fruit filling. Fold up each of the dough squares, opposite corners to opposite corners, and pinch to seal. After sealing you can also use a fork to flute the edges.
- At the top of each dough, cut a few slits to allow air to escape the juices to bubble up and over.
- Brush each turnover with the melted butter and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the filling is piping hot and bubbling and the dough is completely cooked through.
These can be served piping hot, cold, or at room temperature, making them even easier to serve to your customers. Just prepare a batch in the morning and then serve them all day long.