Vegetarian Sandwiches on New York Bagels, for the Meatless Crowd
As a restaurant, deli, or cafeteria owner, you’re going to run across the vegetarian crowd – and you better be able to satisfy them. Vegetarian and vegan diets are becoming more popular by the day, and it’s now commonly expected that businesses and food joints will always have a meatless alternative on hand. This one can be yours.
- 12 New York bagels
- 12 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 12 romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 green peppers, sliced into very thin rings
- 1 cucumber, very thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, very thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 4 cups alfalfa sprouts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Split the bagel in halves and spread grainy mustard on each side. Onto 6 bagel halves (one for each sandwich) layer: a lettuce leaf, two green pepper rings, a few slices of cucumber, and two slices of tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then top with a couple slices of red onion and a small handful of alfalfa sprouts.
- Place bagel halves back over the toppings and slice in half. Wrap in plastic wrap and keep refrigerated until ready to serve your customers.
Have more bread products such as sub rolls or whole wheat pizza dough that you need more recipes for? Come see us at Deiorio Foods Inc where we have all the best products, and all the greatest ideas too!